Cassette tape wallet, then and now.
About 10 months ago I made a cassette tape wallet after I was inspired by some that I saw online. They were on sale for $43 and the first thought in my mind was, “I can make that for less!” So that’s what I did. Here’s some pictures of it when it was freshly made.
The point of this post wasn’t just to show you all my wallet, but to show you guys this wallet after 10 months of use and abuse from me. I had my doubts whether it would stay together because all I did was glue everything.. the zipper, the fabric.. I figured the first thing to go would be the zipper, because of the constant zipping and unzipping that this thing would have to take. Fortunately, to my surprise, this thing has kept up pretty well. It’s showing a little bit of ware because of some minor cracks at the bottom, and the text on the cassette tape has been rubbed off.
Here are some pictures of it now:
You can barely even tell text used to be there!
Unzipped, with all my goodies inside.
Showing the inside with my grubby, dirty art hands.
The ugly bottom of it. The glue shows, but that’s just because I was impatient when I made it, and I didn’t take the time to make it less noticeable. You can also see how some of the edges are cracking.
This one shows the cracks the best I think.